Take your Agile knowledge to the next level and learn how to effectively implement Agile methods to make ‘good’ teams brilliant.
Join industry experts, James Shore and Diana Larsen, for an in-depth immersion into real-world Agile development. Learn how to plan and deliver Agile projects and practice doing so in real teams delivering working software. The training emphasizes real-word experiences and promotes a hands-on approach for students.
Days 1 & 2: The Art of Agile Planning (April 23rd - April 24th)
Discover how to use Agile methods and how to plan an Agile project. You will leave this training able to:
- Create and prioritize stories, tasks, and minimum marketable features; Plan and coordinate iterations.
- Make reliable iteration commitments and predict iteration velocity.
- Customize your planning horizons to the need of your organization.
- Make release predictions for coordinating with third parties.
- Adapt your plans to create and take advantage of opportunities.
Days 3, 4, & 5: The Art of Agile Delivery (April 25th - April 27th) will
Focus on creating and delivering software in a real-world Agile environment. After taking this intensive 3-day course, you will be prepared to:
- Build and ship software weekly.
- Understand and accommodate stakeholders and their diverse opinions.
- Work in a cross-functional team with on-site customers, testers, and programmers.
- Prevent build failures with continuous integration.
- Incrementally build technical infrastructure alongside features.
- Create nearly bug-free code using test-driven development, refactoring, and exploratory testing.
This course is for developers, project managers, programmers, Scrum masters, business analysts, testers and product managers. Although anyone involved in software development, managers, and leaders interested in learning more about Agile can benefit from this course. Both Agile novices and experts will walk away with truly valuable new skills.
For a complete course description, visit http://www.cyrusinnovation.com/index.php/art-of-Agile-nyc.
For optimal learning, register for the full-week immersion course here.
About the Instructors
James Shore is a thought leader in the Agile software development community. He combines deep technical expertise with whole-system thinking to help development teams worldwide achieve. He has been coaching teams in Agile development since 1999 and is a recipient of the Agile Alliance's prestigious Gordon Pask Award for Agile Excellence. James consults with development teams worldwide to help them meet commitments, improve product quality and increase productivity. He is co-author of The Art Of Agile Development.
Diana Larsen consults with leaders and teams to create work processes where innovation, inspiration, and imagination flourish. With more than fifteen years of experience working with technical professionals, Diana brings focus to the human side of organizations, teams and projects. She activates and strengthens her clients’ proficiency in shaping an environment for productive teams and thriving in times of change. Diana co-authored Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great! and Liftoff: Launching Agile Teams & Projects. She is the current Treasurer of the Agile Alliance Board of Directors.